In 2016 we became a 501c3 nonprofit. While this was a really amazing transition from being a neighborhood hiking group, it also was a huge responsibility to uphold. It’s our mission that every family with a baby or young child knows that Hike it Baby exists as a resource and a community where every family is welcome, supported, and can find connection in the outdoors. We have community members, ambassadors, and partners that are relying on us to raise a generation to love the outdoors.
Because of the work of our ambassadors and supporters, Hike it Baby is getting an average of 6,400 families on the trail each month in over 350 communities!
Your financial assistance is absolutely essential to helping us grow in a healthy, sustainable, supportive way, and the single best way you can support Hike it Baby is to become a member.
While direct financial donations are incredibly helpful we also know not everyone is able to give (especially when raising kiddos). A great way to make an indirect donation is through one of our passive fundraising platforms, like the Benefit App.
The Benefit App
Benefit is a mobile payment app that funds the things that matter most through everyday transactions. This could be anything from Starbucks to a plane ticket. Each purchase will give 2 to 20 percent back to Hike it Baby! Simply download and use the Benefit app to complete your purchase in-store or online.
Visit the Hike it Baby Benefit App page to download the app and get started today!
How Your Contributions Help
Help us in our efforts to raise a generation to love the outdoors and become an early supporter of the nation’s first grassroots hiking movement focused on birth to school-aged kids.
Your contribution supports:
- Creating programs that get more families on trails in your local area.
- Building stronger communities and supporting nature stewardship and diversity in the outdoorsy through our programming.
- Helping Hike it Baby become a recognized resource for identifying family-friendly trails nationwide. Hiking with children is being made easier thanks to a new online resource created through Hike it Baby’s partnership with L.L.Bean. The Family Trail Guide offers an extensive guide of hiking trails around the U.S. to encourage people of any age to enjoy the outdoors together. This unique online resource is free and accessible for all to use nationwide. The Family Trail Guide caters specifically to those hiking with young children. Trail contributors provide information about trails, including length, difficulty and interesting spots to explore or take breaks with young hikers. In addition, the guide provides photos and parking information. To learn more click here.
- Further development on our website so we can have a secure, user-friendly platform to enter hikes, provide training for our volunteers, share relevant resources through our blog, and keep accurate data on how the work we’re doing is helping families get outside.
- Better mobile features so our site is accessible from all devices.
- Improved content on social media, blogs, newsletters, and videos.
- Educational programs for ambassadors, volunteers, and the Hike it Baby Community.
Hike it Baby relies on your generous donations to further our mission of connecting families with young children to the outdoors and each other. Learn more about all of the ways you can support Hike it Baby here.
About Hike it Baby
Hike it Baby is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to getting families outdoors and on trails across the U.S. and internationally, supporting, educating and inspiring families through their more than 300 communities across North America. Since its grassroots inception in 2013 in Portland, Oregon, Hike it Baby is now a growing community of 270,000 families and 500 volunteer branch ambassadors hosting more than 1,600 hikes per month. More information, as well as daily hike schedules, can be found at HikeitBaby.com, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Photo courtesy of Laura Castro.