Hike it Baby is excited to share this piece from the perspective of one of our toddler members. Sky’s mom helped type and send this how-to article to us so we could share with all of the other toddlers out there who may need some tips on how to survive long road trips!
Hello, my wonderful tiny humans! It’s been a while since I’ve decided to bog (editor’s note: blog), but I’ve decided it’s important to talk about road trips! Momma says I’m a little pro road trip partner. We’ve gone to mountains, lakes and gas stations. I especially enjoy gas stations for their candy.
Now when taking a road trip, it’s important to keep a few tips in mind:
- Make sure you pack all your books. Five books won’t do it. Also, while you get your books, grab at least four animal friends. Put those books aside; you will need them later.
- Pack a blankie. Momma has a new blankie from Ruml (editor’s note: Rumpl Blankets) that is purple. So obviously it’s for me. Blankies are critical to pretending to nap.
- Make Momma buy something at every gas station. Gas stations are amazing because they have nacho chips and purple juice.
- Read all your books. Now throw them. You have finished them. Ask for Momma’s phone. She won’t give it to you but keep asking. Momma will suggest doing an “activity.” Momma has packed puzzles, coloring books and blocks that stick together. We love these. But let’s be real, we want to watch dinosaur movies so throw these as well. Momma will say there is two more hours of driving and that’s a long time.
- Resist your nap. Driving is exhausting but it’s important to stay awake. You don’t want to miss any of the trucks that pass by.
- Beg for a new snack. Momma always packs the good stuff on trips so ask for the cookies. Ask for the purple juice as well.
- Yell “You need to go potty!!” Momma will ask why I have to pee again when we just stopped 10 minutes ago. Of course she will stop. Don’t worry.
- Have you taken your nap? No, GOOD. Now Mommy will give you the movies in hopes of you napping. Once again.. Resist the nap.
- Grab your blankie, tablet and enjoy dinosaurs! Do not nap. This is critical.
- Mommy will say you are getting close. Ask Mommy how far away. If she says only a little bit, then you can nap. It’s important to nap now so you don’t have to do any of the setup when you get to camp.
I hope you have a great summer and take a fun trip!
XOXO … Sky Baby
This post is sponsored by Rumpl. Grab a lightweight, durable, water-resistant and packable blanket for all your adventures. Rumpl blankets utilize material technologies originally developed for quality activewear and outdoor gear to modernize the everyday blanket. Rumpl keeps you comfortable anywhere you go, or when you don’t go anywhere. Check out their adult and child blankets here and use code hikeitbaby for 20% off your order!
[…] Takes from Sky Baby: Road trip tips […]