We know you are all eager to get out hiking today but we need to ask you to take a moment to learn more about Hike it Baby and the changes happening in our organization as of January 1, 2017. If you already know about the membership roll out, just scroll down to the bottom of the page and register for a membership. If this is your first time to the community you can sign up for a FREE 90-day trial to see what we are all about.
Between January 2015 and December 2016 Hike it Baby has grown from 50 to over 300 cities. It’s been amazing to see so many families getting outside with their little ones. With all of this growth we still have a lot of catching up to do financially. Until now virtually all of our staff has been volunteer and on a national level (not including Branch Ambassadors’ time) this means 40,000 hours. This is not sustainable so it’s time for us to lay out the simple facts:
- There’s never been a better time to support organizations like ours who can have an impact on the future of our parks and natural spaces; Hike it Baby is a great way to do it.
- We are a judgement-free zone for all families to connect and participate every day, everywhere.
- Our definition of “hike” is redefining what it means for a family to get outside with a baby or young child.
- We are community-driven which means we rely on you to keep going.
What we are asking for:
We have a $10 a year membership fee for families to participate in Hike it Baby. As a platform to gather and grow communities, Hike it Baby offers new parents an opportunity to connect and get into nature with their young children. Sure, anybody can go hiking, but as a new parent, how many times have you struggled to find new friends who understand what you are going through and who will support you in a judgement free community that will never leave you behind? We offer organized information that facilitates your family’s journey into nature and helps you find your community. Members get access to the calendar of hikes, an opportunity to participate in virtual challenges to motivate your family to get outside, the ability to utilize special discounts from partnering brands, and connection with families across North America. Most importantly, members support Hike it Baby as we work to advocate for getting families into nature starting from birth. Together we are raising a generation to love the outdoors.
Here’s where your contribution will go:
- Maintain the website and calendar
- Employment opportunities
- Pursue long term strategic goals for organization
- Expand our community impact
- Develop programs to work with diverse communities, government and other agencies
- Support branch initiatives at a local level
- Build out online tools such as year-round hike log, a buy/sell forum for gear nationwide, a place to research Hike it Baby friendly hikes
Every paid membership will receive an email with a code for a free HiB 30 challenge entry to use within 6 months of becoming a member.